JOIN THE SASASOTA DOWNTOWN MERCHANTS GROUP!
We are an organization of downtown business owners who care about economic growth that fosters the districts full potential as a premier and vibrant destination
Meet the DSEA Board Members
- Ron Soto, DSEA Founder & Director | Soto’s Optical
- Darci Jacob, DSEA President & 7 Year Member | Shop Darci
- Harmini Krusing Bens, DSEA Vice President, 7 Year Member & Serves on the Board of the Downtown Improvement District (DID) | Shop Lotus
- Laura Kresl, DSEA Secretary & 7 Year Member | Pro It Out Marketing
The DSEA Coordinates and Advocates
- We attend city commission meetings and campaign for the districts 2% self-tax (DID) be spent responsibly and on efforts within the DID area.
- Sponsor and install holiday ornaments
- Sponsor and decorate the Christmas Tree and Lighting Event in Five Points Park
- Sponsor and coordinate NYE Pineapple Drop Block Party
- Work with local promotors to delivery events to the district designed to increase foot traffic to the district
- Implement a 365 day a year marketing campaign to promote downtown as a destination
- Petition city leaders to maintain clean and safe city
- Host community events designed to strengthen our local economy
- Purchase assets such as the Christmas Tree, event barricades, etc.
ABOUT THE DSEA MARKETING
The DSEA marketing campaign is designed to keep the downtown district on-top-of-mind as a destination for residents and travelers. Here’s a summary of our marketing outreach: 3,600 emails and 25,000 social media followers. The DSEA Google Page collects over 3,500 monthly engagements.
ABOUT DSEA EVENTS
16th Annual Sarasota DOG-A-WEEN COSTUME Contest
Guest Judges and Special Moments Prepare for a day filled with excitement as special guests and judges join us for this spectacular event. ABC 7’s Chief Meteorologist Bob Harrigon and Marsha Panuce, founder of Donte’s Den Foundation, will bring their expertise to the judging panel, ensuring that the most creative and captivating costumes receive the…
LeMarche Parisian Outdoor Marketplace Returns to Five Points Park on November 4, 2023
A Kaleidoscope of Creativity Delve deeper into the immersive experience as you explore an astonishing array of mediums, each reflecting the essence of its creator. From captivating mixed-media compositions to awe-inspiring metalwork, intricate woodworking, and ingenious recycled artworks that champion sustainability, the LeMarche Parisian Outdoor Marketplace is a testament to the diversity and innovation within…